United

As some of you may know, aside from this blog, I also run a page on Facebook called Dysautonomian. I started the page back in February in an effort to show people what Dysautonomia is and what it is like to live with. One thing I have always tried to convey is that we are all stronger together. In light of that idea, I added a team mate.


Her name is Riley.


Her name may sound familiar and it should. Riley is the reason I was able to get diagnosed. It was her and her family who were in the crowd when I spoke about my illness back in December. It was her and her family who came to me in the later days and helped me to get a diagnosis.  They helped point me in the right direction. The whole family is very dear to my heart because they showed me I wasn’t alone.


Whether we like it or not our illness define us. Society can longer understand what we go through. We try hard to fit back into the boxes that society deams as “normal,” but if we would look up we would see other people don’t fit in the boxes either. That’s what Riley is to me. She is the first person I met who I could talk to about this and not feel like I’m being crazy. She made me feel normal and that I’m not dying.


As humans we need to be around other people.  Even if you are an introvert you still need human reaction. We all should have someone who has our back and wants to know how we are doing. I asked Riley to join me because I think she can bring a whole new side to the page. I know you will love her just as much as I do!

We are all in this together.
~ High School Musical


And if someone overpowers one person,
 two can resist him. A cord of three strands
 is not easily broken. ~Ecclesiastes 4:12

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL