Share your Story

Why do I write blogs? What am I trying to do?

Answer: Be real.

Since this trial started that is the one thing God has told me above everything else. But why?

I personally think it’s the for the same reason as knowing history. There is a famous quote that says, “Those who don’t know their history are doomed to repeat it.” and I feel it has the same meaning with peoples’ lives. If I don’t learn from something you did, whether right or wrong, I’m a fool, but if you don’t let me learn then you’re the fool. Every single situation that occurs to us is important. Trials define us and open another chapter of our stories.

“Well “John’s” trial is worse than mine so I can’t complain.” 

I can’t even begin to tell you how much this statement infuriates me! Let me tell you something, somebody always has it worse. There are children starving in Africa, there are missionaries being beaten to death, and there is someone having to watch a loved one struggle with Alzheimer. Someone always has it worse, but by your statement unless my trial is the top dog of trials then I can’t complain about it. But on the inside you’re REALLY struggling and need to just let it out. Do you know why your trial is so hard for you?

Berceuse you’re the one who is having to go through it.

Your perspective of your world is different than everyone else’s. We are unique as human individuals and our circumstances shape us for our future.  We can’t compare our trials. For instance, if you compared me to an orphan whose parents abandoned him and then at the age of 16 he found out they died I would see that as the WORST thing ever! But he not knowing his parents could see my trial as worse. Does this make sense?

If you decide your struggles are nothing compared to others, then you are bottling up emotions and beating yourself down. When I hear other people’s problems and we can talk about them it makes everything in my life a little happier. Why? Because I was able to take what I learned from my trial and encourage someone else and they were in turn able to encourage me. If none of us talked about our struggles or prevails we would go nowhere. That would be like a scientist deciding to ignore all of the discoveries we have already made and on his own discover new ones it’s ridiculous. Our trials are unique specifically to us. We can’t/shouldn’t hide them away.


Our trials are our stories. Don’t let the devil steal you story. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL