The Miracle In The Trial




As some of you know this summer I participated in a hospital internship. Specifically, I studied pancreatitis. By this I mean I was sick with pancreatitis in the hospital for essentially the whole summer. It wasn’t exactly the summer vacation I had planned, but it did have a very amazing miracle in the middle of it.

At the end of May, the doctors discover hundreds of cholesterol, soft, sludgy stones in my gallbladder. Due to their soft consistency, they couldn’t be seen on normal imaging. We have no idea how long they were there.

Flash forward several days to when I was home and that’s when the miracle occurred. I woke up one day and discovered that all my dysautonomia symptoms were gone!! It is incredible! At first, I just thought I was having a good day, but the good days didn’t stop. Talking to my doctor, he believes I possibly could have had a systemic inflammation disease because of the bad gallbladder that caused all my symptoms.

This last spring my family and I felt compelled to pray for me to be healed from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes. We claimed this every time we prayed. I even had friends praying this over me. Now, pancreatitis is definitely not what I had in mind, and when I first went in on April 18, I didn’t think that this was me getting better… however it was.

Miracles normally don’t happen the way we think they will…actually… God NEVER works the way we think He will. If it happened the way, we wanted it then it wouldn’t be a miracle. Part of the miracle is dirty, but there is so much more beauty to it. A miracle come from an open heart experiencing total and utter surrender.

I cannot thank God enough for what he has done. He has blessed me with this gift with which I definitely don’t deserve. Why he chose me I’m not sure, but I’m going to praise Him just the same. This precious gift he has given me, I will not squander it. I will use what he has given me to raise more awareness for dysautonomia.

Now, a word to all my friends out there who are still struggling with their symptoms. Don’t stop searching. Do not except the answer that you will never know what caused your dysautonomia. You are your own biggest advocate. The best thing to do is keep searching. Together we will uncover and cure everyone’s illness. I won’t stop searching for answers, will you stand with me?

Comments

  1. Thank Jesus for your journey to complete healing and believing with you that God is a God of miracles and healing. I know you will go on to make a huge eternal impact in the lives of all who struggle with Dysautonomia. Your faith, joy, wisdom, patience and love will bring many to Jesus and lead many to finding healing. Happy THANKSgiving to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so amazing to read and did my heart so glad to hear this amazing news. God truly is wonderful and good. Even in the midst of difficult things, there is a divine purpose. God has a plan for each one of us, and it's a divine, special plan crafted uniquely for us. There's no one else who can fulfill it. It might be tough, but in Christ we can make it through.

    Throughout this journey, you kept an amazing, Christ-centered positive attitude that was such a witness to those around you. Not everyone could have done that.

    Rejoicing with you and excited to see what more the good LORD has planned for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly happy and overjoyed to hear such amazing news! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark and Molly still continue to pray for you! We love and miss you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL