Are We Honest to God?

If you can’t tell I’m on an honesty kick.


Earlier this spring I was overwhelmed with God and just didn’t want to talk to Him. I wasn’t angry. I was just afraid that if I dove into his word He’d help me be at peace with my surroundings and then I would have to tackle another mountain. Since I felt like I just toppled down Mt. Everest tackling another mountain was not high on my priority list. Wanna know what I did? I didn’t read my Bible. I wanted nothing to do with it! I was trying to avoid God as much as I could but there is one thing I didn’t stop doing……………PRAYING……… I didn’t stop praying no matter how overwhelmed I was, but I didn’t touch my Bible. God and I had a standoff of sorts. He was outside in His car waiting for me to come out while I was still getting ready trying to look handsome.


During this “standoff” time is probably when I grew closest to God. Now bare with me. I know that sounds crazy but in Proverbs 12:22 it says, “Lying lips are detestable to the Lord, but faithful people are His delight.” see God wants reality not fluff. Yet so many times all we give him is fluff. We don’t read our Bibles because we want, but because we have to do so. For most it just becomes a chore.  For some reason we think we can fool God and make him think that we are putting our "whole heart" into him while we are still angry with . Here’s some advice...


D-O-N-T


Be honest. God isn’t going to be mad at you for your honesty but instead quite the opposite. But if you choose to lie and act like things are fine and dandy and that will get him mad. Did God create us like robots? No. He created us with the ability to independently think and experience complex emotions. He wants us to feel things that we can’t comprehend. If we understood everything then there would be no need for God at all! If you were fixing a sink and you broke a pipe and it wouldn't stop leaking. What would you do? Would you ask a professional opera singer how to fix it? NO! You’d call a plumber and then pay him to fix it. 


What if I told you that you had someone on speed dial who could fix all your problems for free? Yeah no joke, and His name is God. Yet when it comes to him we lie and say everything is fine. We cover it up as if he doesn't already know. We keep ourselves closed off to God.  I can hear each of you guys saying, “Well I don’t want to be a bother,” or, “It’s prideful to always talk about me.” Just stop. You’re like a toddler making excuses for not making his bed. God wants to know! God doesn’t care what you talk about, just that you talk, and are honest with Him. Yell at Him! Be angry! There is absoloutly nothing you can dish out that God can't handle.Now I'm not saying that if you pray and never read your Bible that your walk with Christ will be perfect. I'm saying communication is vital. What was David called? He was called “A man after God’s own heart,” and you know what David did? He murdered a man in cold blood just because he wanted to have sex with the man’s wife……… WHAT?!?! This is the man after God’s heart?? He somehow is the person after God’s heart? 


Yes.


 You want to know why? Because there was repentance and communication! That is what God longs for! After he repented communication was restored! They were able to move on and keep pursuing their relationship. That’s what matters to God. The relationship. Keep that intact and everything will be fine. The world may get shaky, maybe even crack, or catch on fire, but God won’t leave you. As long as you keep the communication lines open and used God will be in you. 



Prayer is a Christian's most valuable tool and yet also their most unused.

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL