Choose Joy by Choosing God


Choosing joy above everything else is easier said than done. Especially when you feel like the devil is kicking you while you are still down. How can you be expected to choose joy when your life is on fire? The answer is easier said than done.

The answer is to choose joy by choosing God. If you aren’t a Christian than I send you my condolences. I’m not joking. Personally, I can’t imagine doing this life without Him. People like to harp Christian’s by saying we use God as a crutch.

FALSE

God is not my crutch. He is my iron lung or better yet my IV of saline. God is who gives me the strength to press on. I have given Him complete control. People tell me all the time that I am handling all the craziness so well when in all actuality I’m not.

If you could see beyond this computer screen and into my soul you would see brokenness and scars. Your clothes would be wet from the tears I’ve cried and then you might shed some of your own. This is the me that hasn’t chosen God.

Since I have chosen God, He has given my life meaning and purpose. He gives me the strength to get up every morning and be with my family. As a Christian, when I choose joy I am making the decision to see the world through the eyes of my Creator. He is the only way I am the “me” that you like to see.


Choose joy. Choose God.

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL