The Clock struck and 2017 Was Dead

I can’t believe 2017 has ended. It seems like just yesterday was the beginning of summer, and the week before that was the beginning of January. Time flys at such a rapid rate and it seems that the older I get the more I come to understand that fact. This past summer I wrote a poem and I think now is the perfect time to share it.

Tick Tock
Every second that goes by
Is another that we miss
And every minute, hour that dies
Is one that can only be reminisced 
Tick Tock
This is the passing of our clocks
In a single moment
An old man dies
A baby’s born
A woman cries
A man, scorned
And we regret what we didn’t
Tick Tock
This is the passing of our clocks
The more time we see go by 
The more we will tighten our grip
But time, He’s sly
So, more time will slip
Tick Tock 
This is the passing of our clocks
We run and rush 
Never able to fill our cup
Then our clocks go hush
Our time is up
Tick Tock

The point that I was trying to get across is time is always taking and never giving. We often see the fact it has taken something or someone from us but instead of living in the here and now we wish to live when that someone or something was still here. Though this may not be you. Instead, you may see that time only takes so you try to hold on to your time and try to hide it from him. Sadly, time always gets what it wants. No amount of lock or key will keep time from passing. Time is a cruel and harsh master.

I more so than some see time leaving me more and more each day. When you’re sick, it is very easy to get lost in memories of a time when you were well, then live in a time when you’re not. It is so very hard to watch my siblings growing up and I feel like I miss out on it. When in truth I choose to miss it by living in a different time rather than in the here and now.

I want to challenge you this year to live in every moment. Don’t try and wish yourself back in time or to the future. Stay in the present. Live in the moment. The past is gone, the present is a gift, and the future isn’t promised.

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL