This Wasn't My Dream

I never wanted to be a doctor. Well, I guess I did when I was 3, but then I figured out they have to deal with vomit and I threw away that idea like yesterday’s news. A dream for the stage quickly took its place, but now even that’s in the past. Even going to college seems so far fetched and yet God is pushing me to medical school. Yeah….

People have told me since the beginning of this journey that I should be a doctor, but I just pushed the idea away. There was no particular reason that I didn’t want to be a doctor, I just didn’t. It wasn’t until 3 months ago, when I had to go through my brother’s medical paperwork, that the proposal resurfaced. As I flipped through the pages a joy filled me. I began to see patterns and hypothesis emerging. It was almost as if the words jumped off the page. Then a still small voice said, “Be a doctor.” Truly I thought I was crazy! Even my mom shrugged it off saying, I was probably just reacting on an impulse, and that’s what it became. It wasn’t till 3 days later that someone in my church’s praise band told me, “God said to me you should be a doctor.” I was flabbergasted! Me of little faith asked God for two more signs and He came through in a timely manner. Which meant only one thing. He wants me to be a doctor. Oh boy…

I still can’t believe it. God wants me to be a doctor when right now I can’t even work a 3hour shift let alone a 12-hour. I don’t think He realizes who He’s asking this of….

No, I don’t know "Who’s" telling me.

The God of Abraham who used a murder to leave His people and show His physical form to. God used an adulterous to be king of His people and call him, ‘a man after God’s own heart.’ The God who is telling me to be a doctor created the universe and knows the very number of hairs on your head. I have to trust Him and simply follow His lead. For now, I’m learning as much as I can about the medical field to prepare myself. Down the road He may change directions but for now, I can’t contain my excitement! It’s a heavenly joy! I don’t know how else to explain it. There is a song called, ‘Dream for You’ by Casting Crowns and it’s all about letting God shape our dreams. Becoming a doctor was never something that was on the forefront of my mind, but it was on His. This is His dream for me and it’s better than mine any day!

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL