His Timing

Wouldn’t it be nice to know our future? I’m not talking about going and seeing a medium or fortune teller. What if there was a place we could go and not wonder any more. We’d know exactly what was going to happen and when. We’d know when we would get married and to who. We’d know how successful and how our lives would be, and we’d know how and when we are going to die. Each of us would be able to know the correct steps to take and never question them. Doesn’t that sound nice?


Well yeah, it’s a great idea but it’s not ideal. How many things happen by an accident? Or by sure coincidence? I’m a type A person. I like everything to be in its place and to be perfect. I don’t like uncontrolled chaos. (Because in having 7 siblings there’s a little chaos.) Though knowing me, I think I would try so hard to make sure I did everything right I’d mess everything up. I would constantly be afraid to fail.


 I think this is my problem right now.


Last night I was in the shower (the place where all my great ideas come from) and I told God that it would be nice to have a more direct signals of where my future is supposed to go. Right now I feel like I’m in an endless ocean and I’m just drifting with each wave. I have no direction in mind nor a goal. I’m just floating. So could you please be a little clearer. Want to know what He said?


(Well evidently you do because you’re still reading)


He said, “If I tell you anymore, then the future I have planned will not come to pass. You have the tools and knowledge to perform the tasks you need to do for now. Use them.”


…….


It’s never the answer you expect.


At that point I shut up. I mean what do you follow that up with? You say, “Yes Sir,” and shut your mouth.


After my shower was done, I went and laid down on the lazy boy (my bed for now) to get some sleep but I couldn’t get the conversation out of my head. It really struck a chord with me. I have been asking and asking and asking and just to change it up I asked again for some clarity on my life and His plan. I was so wrapped up in myself, that I forgot about His timing. God has to think about so many things all at once. My brain would explode if I tried to think about all of the possible variables and possibilities for me. It’s like when you’re learning something new. Your teacher knows all about the subject and how it works but they aren’t going to give you everything all at once. Instead they are going to give you it little by little until you have mastered the task and then they move on. That’s how God is with us. He shows us slowly (and I mean slowly) what He has planned for us. If he showered us everything all at once we’d freak out. He knows how much we can handle and when. We just need to remember to live in the present and stop worrying about the future. A puzzle is not one big piece but many pieces together. Focus on one piece at a time.


33But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, 
and all these things will be provided for you. 34Therefore
 don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:33-34

Comments

  1. Jennings learned these words at seminary: progressive revelation. Or, little by little. Good thoughts, Kaleb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL