Wait......I thought I already did that

Acceptance

That's a big word and it's hard to swallow. As most of y'all know I'm going through a lot right now and I have plenty of time to find who I am in God. Through this whole experience I have learned a lot of things some of which I already posted and me being silly assumed that was all I was supposed to learn. Oh, how I was wrong! This whole time I have been telling that whatever God has for me I will take it. Whether it means I'm done dancing or I can dance for another fifty years. Even though I kept saying this I never told God that and there was a part of me that held back.

Acceptance what does that mean? Well the dictionary defines it as "the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered." So not only do we have to like it but you also have to take it. Okay I know for one I rarely do take it with a grateful heart and I know I don't take it the first time. To be able to do this you must surrender.

What is surrendering? Stephanie Smith puts it best in her song Letting Go "Surrendering is so much more than being free. It's putting every part of me in your hands" Do we as Christians do this? I mean do we really do this? My dad and I talk a lot about my future. What do I want? Is it Biblical? Is it what God wants? Will I accept his plans? And somehow the conversation always comes back to dance. Dance is my passion. I love it! Dance isn't me moving my body but instead my soul breathing. It’s my prayer. I have told God that it is His because it is only by the grace of God that this blonde lanky boy can make his legs do anything.

Last night I had a come to Abba moment. I got on my knees and my Father came to join me. We had a long conversation. I cried and He wiped my tears away. He held me in his arms and told me it would be okay if I would surrender. At first I laughed. I thought to myself, "What??? I have done that since I was like six. God must be wrong." Then it dawned on me God is NEVER wrong, so I examined my life and realized I hadn't fully given it to him. Now I want to make it public so everyone knows that from this moment forward I have surrendered everything. I urge you to do the same. Like me you may think you have but I promise we can always give more. God always has us in his hands. We must surrender daily.


In the eye of the storm
You remain in control
And in the middle of the war
You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor
When my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me
In the eye of the storm

Comments

Popular Posts

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
My Support Group <3

Photo Montage

Photo Montage
BFFL